Selling Your Business to a Son, Daughter, or maybe an Employee?
If you already have a buyer, we can provide the necessary help with facilitating the deal transaction.
We have helped many Buyers and Sellers navigate their way through the deal process starting with the valuation of the business, deal structure, due diligence, financing set up, all the way to closing. Below are the items included in this service.
- Valuation – A valuation of the business using at least two appraisal methodologies to arrive at a conclusion of market value.
- Offer – Help in drafting a written offer for the purchase of the business. We use California Association of Business Brokers forms including needed disclosures, asset purchase agreements, and other supporting documents. Potential to save legal fees if attorneys are needed for review only versus drafting from scratch.
- Negotiations – Provide assistance in negotiating price and terms to help come to an agreement with both parties.
- Purchase Agreement – After price and terms are agreed upon we’ll assist with determining additional terms needed for the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA).
- Due Diligence – Once the APA is signed, help coordinate the due diligence (DD) process to verify important information about the business. Assist in best practices for determining a new lease agreement or handling a real estate purchase transaction.
- Financing – We can provide assistance in securing the proper financing as needed for the purchase, including lines of credit for working capital as warranted.
- Escrow – Once DD is complete, assist in setting up escrow and coordinate the California Bulk Sale process.
- Transaction Checklist – Share a “Transaction Checklist” with step-by-step tasks to assist in tackling the necessary items needed to close a deal.
- Closing – Coordinate all final items needed to close escrow and provide best practices for the transition of the business from seller to buyer.
- Post-Closing – Time to celebrate a new opportunity for both Buyer and Seller!
Call Evolution today at (916)-675-6595 and discover the options you have to sell your business for the highest value possible.