July 30, 2013 by Evolution Advisors Buyer Articles 0 comments
Questions to Consider for the Serious Buyer
A serious buyer should have the answers to the following questions:
- Why are you considering the purchase of a business at this time?
- What is your time frame to find a suitable business?
- Are you open-minded about different opportunities, or are you looking for a specific business?
- Have you set aside an amount of capital that you are willing to invest?
- Do you really want to be in business for yourself?
- Are you currently employed or unemployed?
- Are you the decision maker, or are there others involved?
The real key to being a serious buyer, however, is whether the individual can make that “leap of faith” so necessary to the purchase of a business. No matter how much due diligence a buyer performs, no matter how many advisors there are to advise the buyer, at some point, the buyer has to make a leap of faith to purchase the business. There are no “sure things” and there are no guarantees. If a buyer is not comfortable being in business, he or she should not even contemplate buying one.