Business Sales Highlights from the BizBuySell Quarter 1, 2015 Insight Reports
BizBuySell recently released their Insight Reports for the 1st Quarter of 2015 with some very positive news. Overall “business sales” were up 6% vs. 1st quarter 2014. This level of performance is continuing a 2-year trend in business sales. Below are a few additional summary items from BizBuySell’s reports.
- Median Cash Flow for sold businesses reached a record high since 2007 of $104,000.
- Why the increase- baby boomers continue make the step to retirement, and buyers are seeing more options and access to capital from lending institutions
- Median revenue was $442,000 up from $400,000 representing a 10.5% increase.
- The average asking price was $225,000 up from $199,000, a 13% jump.
- Average sale price was $200,000 up from $175,000, up 14.3%.
- Service businesses sold lead the charge up 18% over the 1st quarter of 2014.
- Retail revenue was $537,500 vs. $437,783, up 22.7%.
- Cash flow for the retail sector averaged $99,355 up from $89,907, a 10.5% increase.
- Cash flow multiples for all businesses averaged 2.27 up from 2.21
To help show a picture of what happened in the 1st quarter of 2015 for California below is a chart showing the number of business’s listed and the average cash flow multiple. We also added a column using $200,000 cash flow as an example to show a California market comparison.
|California Highlights||# listed||Cash Flow Multiple||Hypothetical 200kCash Flow x Multiple = Listing Price|
|Contra Costa-Alameda-Solano, CA||203||2.69||$538,000|
|San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA||356||2.57||$514,000|
|San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA||316||3.02||$604,003|
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA||157||3.12||$624,006|
Sentiment in the market place is stated as positive for the rest of 2015. Let’s hope that’s the case. To read the full report click on BizBuySell Quarter 1 2015 Insight Reports.
Want to learn about selling your business and what your own personal Sellability Score is? Click here.
If you’re interested in learning about your selling options, getting a professional business valuation, or getting help creating an exit strategy, please feel free to CALL Evolution Advisors at 916.993.5433 or visit our website: www.EvoBizSales.com